Applying for the program is a straight-forward process. Please refer to the instructions below depending on your personal situation.
A successful application is premised on the satisfaction of the following preconditions:
- You have successfully completed a B.A. in philosophy
- The Transcript of Records of your B.A. shows at least 30 Credit Points in courses on analytical philosophy.
- You are a competent speaker of English and you are in possession of a certificate to that effect; we accept UNIcert III (<= 2.0 or better), IELTS (>= 7,5), TOEFL IBT (>= 95), or CAE (A or B).
The application is only possible during the following periods:
- For the summer semester (starting in April): 1 December to 15 January
- For the winter semester (starting in October): 1 June to 31 July
How to Apply
If you do not have German citizenship, please apply online via the RUB application portal.
You need to satisfy the preconditions specified above.
For German citizens
German citizens can enroll themselves without formally applying but still need to satisfy the conditions listed above. In order to obtain the form necessary for enrollment, please send scans of your B.A. diploma, your TOR and proof of English competency (see above) to maphilth (at) ruhr-uni-bochum.de.
Enroll digitally at www.rub.de/studierendensekretariat/virtuelles-sekretariat/. General information regarding enrollment can be found here www.rub.de/zsb/einschre.htm.